1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Startup Repair looping

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Chelleclaws, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelleclaws

Chelleclaws Thread Starter

Ok I have a computer my boyfriend gave me, it was his brothers and he put a lot of it together himself so I don't really know the specs. For the first few days I would switch it on and it would blue screen, restart and then work fine until I switched it off, then that would happen again next time I switch it on. Well today it blue screened and switched off, then attempted Startup repair, which then failed. It keeps doing this exact loop -
    Restart - (Option to startup repair or start normally) -
    Startup Repair - (runs for a minute) -
    "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically) -
    Shuts down.
    It wont even let me use system restore or anything, the option isn't there. Can anyone help or is it a write off? I only use it to play WoW lol as my laptop wont run it. I DON'T have the Windows 7 CD, which would prob solve everything but I didn't get it with it and cant get it off the brother. Any suggestions??
    It wont give me the option for Safe Mode... Cant get to System Recovery (F11) menu, I repeatedly press it but nothing happens, but (F10) brings me to Setup if that's any use? But (Esc) brings me to the Boot Menu which gives me the option to select - HDD Group - ST380013AS - then brings me back to square one

If anyone can help but needs more info I will provide whatever else I can :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice