problem with the email form

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zombienation

The site has been done in flash.
Here is my email form I type all information into it Name, Email,Subject & message it says Message sent
the message doesnt get sent to my email. what am I doing wrong.
Yes I'm a newbie
[email protected] just blanked out
--------------- just blanked out
:confused:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:confused:
<?php

$emailAddress = "[email protected]";

$siteName = "------------------------------";

$contact_name = $_POST['name'];
$contact_email = $_POST['email'];
$contact_subject = $_POST['subject'];
$contact_message = $_POST['message'];

if( $contact_name == true ) {
$sender = $contact_email;
$receiver = "[email protected]";
$client_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

$email_body = "The Name Of The Sender: $contact_name \nEmail: $sender \n\nSubject: $contact_subject
\n\nMessage: \n\n$contact_message \n\nIP ADDRESS: $client_ip \n\n$siteName";

$emailAutoReply = "Hi $contact_name, \n\nWe have just received your E-Mail. We will get
in touch in a few days. Thank you! \n\n$siteName ";

$extra = "From: $sender\r\n" . "Reply-To: $sender \r\n" . "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();
$autoReply = "From: $receiver\r\n" . "Reply-To: $receiver \r\n" . "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion();

mail( $sender, "Auto Reply: $contact_subject", $emailAutoReply, $autoReply );

if( mail( $receiver, "New E-Mail - $contact_subject", $email_body, $extra ) ) {
echo "success=yes";
} else {
echo "success=no";
}
}
?>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:confused:

Not nearly enough information to help figure this out.

Try adding this line to the top of your php script and see if your form is being submitted correctly:
Code:
var_dump($_POST)
Check the names and values of the form fields and make sure they are what you expect.

Also check your mail server logs for any messages to see whether there are any problems with your mail daemon.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online