1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with the new Hardware Help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Johnyquest, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Johnyquest

Johnyquest Thread Starter

Hi! I recently assmebled a new CPU and its been giving me trouble. :confused: I have a Intel 2.4 GHZ core 2dual proccessor on a Intel 945GCNL SND/VGA NIC Motherboard with XP Pro loaded.It started out well but then a message was displayed "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
    The problem seems to be caused by the following file igxprd32
    If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.This usually incicates problem with the device itself or with device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with the hardware deivice vendor for any further driver updates".

I went to the Intel website and downloaded the driver updates and tha BIOS update installed it also. It seemd to be okay for some time and then the same thing happened again. What could be done? Please Help! Thank You.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you using the display adapter that is on the board or an added one?

3. Johnyquest

Thank you for the reply. I havent added any display adaptor to the MO. Thanks again.There was a new msg this time. I am typing it for you.

"Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updatess. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode":confused:

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

OK, so you are saying you are using the onboard video, you don't have an add in video card, is this correct?

How old is the system?
    Was the motherboard a new motherboard or did you buy a used motherboard?
    When you built the machine, after you installed Windows when you installed the motherboard drivers did you install the chipset driver first?

5. Johnyquest

Yes there is no add in video card. The motherboard and the RAM HD Processor everything is new and it is just a week old. I really dont remember because the Intel express installer opens with Drivers installation and I updated the chipset driver also from the Intel website.Thank You.

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

Where did you purchase the board?
    Please provide a link to where you purchased the board.
    Access BIOS and on the opening page of BIOS on the upper left hand side there should be a group of numbers such as;

NL94510J.86A.0029.2008.0220.1954 this is called a BIOS string.

Copy the BIOS string and post back the BIOS string you see.

Did you check the old BIOS string before you updated the BIOS at the Intel site?

What was the BIOS string before you updated the BIOS?

Are you using the E2220 processor?

7. Johnyquest

Hi! I am sorry I am replying late. The BIOS string is
    NL94510J.86A.0029.2008.0220.1954
    and the processor is E4600. Thanks again.

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

What operating system are you using?

9. Johnyquest

Hi! I am using windows XP Professional sp2.

10. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did you install the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator?

I'm finding a little bit of conflicting information regarding the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator with the 945GC chipset. If you go here;

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

scroll down to driver #5 and click on the Read Me (txt) file. The information here is that the accelerator is not supported by the 945GC chipset.

Try this;

Go back here; http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go!

download driver #5 to your desktop.

Then go into the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs and see if the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator is listed. If the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator is listed, remove it and reboot the machine. See how the machine runs without the accelerator. If you have a problem you can always go back to the desktop, and reinstall the accelerator.

Please let me know how the machine operates without the accelerator installed.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!