1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with uninstalling programs

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by drewby93, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drewby93

drewby93 Thread Starter

Hi,

I am at the point where I don't know whether or not to flush my system and restart all over again. I am trying to uninstall and reinstall programs like "I tunes" And "Quick time" and others of course to clean up unwanted programs on my computer. But I always get messages like this "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall this program please contact your system administrator" Or " The system administrator has set pollocies to prevent this installation." I can't uninstall any programs even "silver light"But the Problems is that I am logged on as the administrator. I can't remove anything. I have tried changing preferences for the administrator and still no luck. Does anyone know of anything I could try. :mad::mad::mad:

I am using Norton for all my stuff.
    and firefox for my browsers.

Let me know...

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you run any registry cleaners or "system optimizers" that may have damaged your system and uninstallers?

You may be infected. Any other problems? Why are you doing all the uninstalling/reinstalling?

3. drewby93

drewby93 Thread Starter

I have tried to set myself as the only administrator but It didn't work for "programs and feature" But it worked for everythings else. I am outta options
    thanks for reading

4. drewby93

drewby93 Thread Starter

I have ran my norton utilities

5. drewby93

drewby93 Thread Starter

there are programs that I don't use or don't work. I cant even run quick time I want it off my computer

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice