problem with uninstalling programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drewby93

Hi,

I am at the point where I don't know whether or not to flush my system and restart all over again. I am trying to uninstall and reinstall programs like "I tunes" And "Quick time" and others of course to clean up unwanted programs on my computer. But I always get messages like this "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall this program please contact your system administrator" Or " The system administrator has set pollocies to prevent this installation." I can't uninstall any programs even "silver light"But the Problems is that I am logged on as the administrator. I can't remove anything. I have tried changing preferences for the administrator and still no luck. Does anyone know of anything I could try. :mad::mad::mad:

I am using Norton for all my stuff.
and firefox for my browsers.

Let me know...

Have you run any registry cleaners or "system optimizers" that may have damaged your system and uninstallers?

You may be infected. Any other problems? Why are you doing all the uninstalling/reinstalling?

drewby93

I have tried to set myself as the only administrator but It didn't work for "programs and feature" But it worked for everythings else. I am outta options
thanks for reading

drewby93

there are programs that I don't use or don't work. I cant even run quick time I want it off my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online