1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with updating my nvdia geforce 9600m gt graphics card.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tuinsmurf, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tuinsmurf

Tuinsmurf Thread Starter

Hey guys,

I have a sony vaio vgn-aw31m model with a geforce 9600m gt and i am having problems updating it. My driver version dates back to 2008 so obviously i needed to update the driver. However after downloading them from the Nvdia website, it says that it could not find any compatible hardware. This seems to be a (reasonably) common problem. I have tried laptopvideo2go with no luck. This severely hampers my experiences with games etc. This forum is my last hope :/ if you could answer this you would be saving me a lot of money.

Cheers,

Tuinsmurf.

2. sonexpc

sonexpc

3. Tuinsmurf

Tuinsmurf Thread Starter

Hello Sonexpc, my OS is 32bit Vista.

4. sonexpc

sonexpc

5. sonexpc

sonexpc

by the way do you have the latest Services Pack yet

6. Tuinsmurf

Tuinsmurf Thread Starter

I have the latest service packs and the link you gave me downloaded it but i coulfn't install. Same problem as before. :(

7. sonexpc

sonexpc

Can you uninstall all the nvidia Driver and just reboot the system and let Vista pickup the driver.. if they don't have the driver when it start up.... try to update it manuel in Device manager...

8. sonexpc

sonexpc

9. Tuinsmurf

Tuinsmurf Thread Starter

Aha, it says that the graphics card must come from the laptopmanufacturer..Sony. Bad news Sony doesn't seem to have one >.>

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/989052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice