Problem with USB Ports

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

netkliks

I have a newer PC. About a year old. Just recently my USB Ports are not performing as 2.0 ports They perform at very slow speed. I get an error, telling me there are no 2.0 ports installed in my PC. My PC came with 5 USB 2.0 ports installed. My scanner, printer, burner are all working, but very very slow. PC specs are below. Sure hope someone can help.

Compaq Presario
1.6 gig processor
2 gig ram
120 gig Hardrive
Windows Vista

netkliks

I Uninstalled the driver for the USB controller and rebooted. PC reinstalled the driver. Now all ports work perfectly.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online