1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Visioneer OneTouch 5820 USB Flatbed Scanner

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ksiaze, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ksiaze

Ksiaze Thread Starter

My friend ask me to check his scanner. Ooops, Win XP does not recognize the scanner. I removed all drivers and software, restarted, and give XP time to find any new hardware (also I downloaded freshes drivers from visioneer website). XP installed that sucesfully. I restart system to be sure if everything is fine. After restarting, computer did not recognize the scanner. I repead operation, but not working.

Have any idea what's going on???

I surf on internet and I found more similar problems. For example:

"I bought the Paperport One Touch 5300 scanner in July. I took it home and it installed beautifully. The problem was when I turned the computer off at night and restarted it the next morning the computer didn’t recognize the scanner. I uninstalled the..."

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Did the scanner EVER work?

What error message are you getting and what scanner program are you using with it?

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

First try unplugging and replugging the USB cable into the PC. If that doesn't work, go into the "Scanners and Cameras" applet in the control panel, click the "Add" button, work through the wizard and click "have disk" and navigate to your CD that came with the scanner.

4. Ksiaze

Ksiaze Thread Starter

AcaCandy
    As I remember, he told me the scanner work just first few weeks (about 3 months). What I used? Just a driver for Win XP from http://www.visioneer.com/support/flatbed/5800downloads.asp

There was a Paper Port or something, but anyway, Win can not recognize scanner as a hardware.

Also I remember my other friend had a same problem with same scanner . Looks like this models "don't like" Win XP or... ?

gotrootdude
    I tryed this. Works till first reboot.

5. ~Candy~

I'm not familiar with that scanner, but is it self powered or getting power from the USB port only?

6. Ksiaze

Ksiaze Thread Starter

Self powered.

7. ~Candy~

Well, my two humble Mexican centavos.....with the price of scanners where they are, it probably isn't worth tearing you hair out over. Test it on another operating system if you'd like, if it works, then you'll know.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172668

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice