1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Vista to XP transition.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by skaldicpoet9, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skaldicpoet9

skaldicpoet9 Thread Starter

Recently I bought a new laptop and I decided to uninstall Vista due to my distaste for it from a previous computer. So I went ahead and installed XP on the laptop but now I can't find any drivers for this particular model at all. I have gone to the HP website but they have very minimal drivers for this model with XP (and none of them are the ones I need). So far I have only been successful in installing my video drivers (Nvidia). The big ones are the wireless and my audio which do not work at all. I have tried too many forums to count and even broke down and called HP customer service which I was then told that they couldn't help me unless I had Vista on my laptop. I am going to try to give it one last shot but I fear that I may have to bite the bullet and put Vista back on the laptop. The laptop is a HP Pavilion and the model is: dv2845se. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it :)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. skaldicpoet9

Yeah, I already tried that. The drivers that I need are only under the Vista heading on HP's site. The XP drivers for this model on the HP website are sadly the ones I don't need :( Other then that they don;t have any XP drivers for this model really. I really don't know what else to do :(

4. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

5. skaldicpoet9

Nooooo :(

Hmm, it looks like I may just have unknowingly become a Vista convert :D

:(

6. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Vista isnt that bad is it ?

7. skaldicpoet9

Well, no, not really that bad. It is just that some games that I own won't run on Vista at all. But other then that it isn't that big of a deal. I may just decide to go with Vista...

8. Jason

Jason

Are you using a soundcard or onboard for your sound? If onboard, try Realtek HD audio and let me know if it works.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

I've found very few programs that won't run on Vista. All my games work fine, but some may need to be run and installed under XP SP2 compatibility mode.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice