1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with web/browser.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SNOOPER, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SNOOPER

SNOOPER Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

I could really do with some help with this work related problem.

Ok, system wise, im running:
    XP O/S , M/softs security but also, e trust anti virus, spyware blaster, spybot s & d.
    M/soft outlook and firefox browsers.

My problem is this,

I need to access and use an online reporting system for work, basically filling in a report and attaching an image.
    Initially through outlook I logged on tried to edit reports and it kept throwing me be back to the log in page (log in is correct).
    In desperation I d/l'd firefox browser,this sorted that problem out.(still cant get in through outlook though)

My problem now is: I have to attach images to the report before sending.
    When I attempt to attach an image, it says the report has been updated,but the progress bar does not fill and the image has not been attached.
    I thought maybe it was a java prob, so deleted java and d/l'd again (no joy)
    Did find out however in the java script cosole lots of messages saying
    ' Unknown property 'FONT-COLOUR'.Declaration Dropped.
    Then line number (quite a few)
    I wondered if the outlook problem and the image problem are related?

I would really appreciate any help you techie wizards could give

Thanks in advance.

SNOOPER(y)

2. SNOOPER

SNOOPER Thread Starter

3. lister

lister

Have you tried logging in via Internet explorer? - the site could be poorly coded, and only work in IE.

4. SNOOPER

SNOOPER Thread Starter

Yes originally i was using I E, that would keep throwing me back to the log in screen,so I couldn't update the reports or attach an image, after d/l ing firefox I can now do the reports but the image problem remains.
    None of the other guys have this problem so it is specific to my pc?

5. SNOOPER

SNOOPER Thread Starter

Still not sorted this out,

One thing i have found though: When viewing the final report on my pc, there is no image or image box, when viewed on a friends pc there is a blank box with a red 'x' in one corner as though something has tried to attach and failed???

SNOOPER

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice