1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with wifi,maybe because ASC

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Medalon, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

Hi guys. So ...I downloaded on my notebook ASC because I thought it will make my PC faster,but no way.Internet crashed,wifi isn't working but I really dont know where is problem.When I connect modem to PC(not notebook) it works. When I try to run wifi again its not working,it shows that cable is not connected. What is magic for me is that why wifi is not working when I was on notebook and he is just connected wireless ?
    More magical its that it happened yesterday afternoon and in the night wifi was working,in the morning again not and nobody was doing anything with modem or router or even PC.
    Can you help me please? I tried system recovery on notebook and on PC even....
    I need it ASAP because I have final exams and I need connection on my notebook please can you try help me?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you have a notebook and a PC - is that correct
    and Both will not connect to the router with wireless

can anyone else use the wireless OK ?

do a full power cycle - see below

whats the make and model of the modem and of the router

Please make a note of the status of the lights on the modem and on the router - post that light status here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router
    • Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
    • Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
    • Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
    • First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
    • Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
    • Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

Yes I have notebook and PC and I was using ASC (Advanced system care) on notebook after few seconds after use Internet ,,went off,,. PC cannot connect because its showing that cable is not connected,but it is and notebook can't see wifi.
    I dont know modem model but router is DLINK DI-524. I did power cycle at least 10 times.
    So the lights on model ->there are 2 phases of lights 1. -> Power is lighting,Status is lighting and WLAN is lighting .Port 1,2,3,4 is blinking in order 4,3,2,1. then 2phase is when everything blinks except Power. And this is repeating and repeating...

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    are all four ethernet ports on the router in USE ?

5. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

No just one is in use. I think my router is crazy...:D

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    in which case do a factory reset and reconfigure the router - log into the configuration pages and make a note/screen shot of the settings and then there should be a reset on the router to take back to factory condition

7. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

oh I forgot to mention that I can't log on 192.168.0.1 it shows me that page doesn't exist.
    And I tried to reset router manually with the small button ,nothing changed..

8. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what happened - did the router lights change and go through any sequence at all

9. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

No really nothing changed when I tried to reset router.Light had been blinking in the same sequence as I wrote there before.
    btw. now I tried power cycle again.Modem reacted OK,but wifi router at first there was just lightning Power,after 5 minutes was everything blinking except WAN and status,after next 4-5 minutes when It went to the sequence which I had already wrote.
    Please can you suggest me anything?

10. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sounds like a fault router ,try leaving switched off for a few hours - sometimes this works - but usually only for a short while until a new router is required

disconnect from the modem - and it still will not reset - correct

11. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

And is there possibility that there can be problem with ethernet cable ? its little bit chewed by our parrot,but it was working like this for more than 3 months so Im not sure. And do you think it has something to do with ASC program?

So you are suggesting to buy new router?

12. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes

remove the cable and remove the modem cable - does the router reset and nolonger blink

13. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

Sorry ,but I don't understand what you want...
    You want me to remove ethernet cable and modem cable from the router so its just on power yes?
    And then I have to reset it with the small reset buton and you are asking if its blinking after this reset when I rejoin ethernet and modem cable?

14. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    yes

no before you connect anything up

15. Medalon

Medalon Thread Starter

I did this also many times,let router to be connected just to power,then connect modem cable and then connect ethernet and then reset.Nothing changes,because when I connect ethernet and modem cable to router power is still lightning and nothing changes for 5 minutes .Its not reacting,after this 1,2,3,4 and WLAN starts to blink...when I push reset,nothing changes.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice