1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with window 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cbuecker, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cbuecker

cbuecker Thread Starter

I bought a new computer , and i now have windows 7, and i am used to XP. there are 2 sites, that i can't get into. one , when i bring it up, just flashes over and over. the other one, just plain will not let me do surveys. i emailed one of them and they said to go back to my xp settings? i told them i have a new computer, but they didn't seem to know what to do. any ideas?
    thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what are the sites ?

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try using another browser like Firefox, assuming you were using IE.

4. MKCL

MKCL

You say you bought a new computer have you done all updates from windows update feature and checked that you have all drivers installed?

Have install Flash player etc.. also take lunalander's advice on switching browser.

Go to device manager and check for any issues there.

To see Device manager type it in start menu search box and press enter.

If you find any issues there (yellow exclamation marks) visit the manufacturer website to get all upto date drivers.

5. cbuecker

cbuecker Thread Starter

just got in from church and went ahead and changed browser to firefox, soemthing i had never used before. and it worked. not quite sure why, and it would have been the last thing i would have done. thanks for the good advice

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice