1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Windows Live Mail and also Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bilnrobn, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    I have the same problem on both WLM and OE. Occasionally an incoming email will not open, but will give the message "Please wait while Windows configures Office 2000 Small Business". I don't have Office 2000 on the computer, though I think I did when I first got the computer, before I upgraded to Office 2007.

After that screen I then get a series of windows popping up and depending on the sequence in which I click the red crosses in the top corner of them or the cancel button it results in it either closing down the utility or letting me open the email as though nothing had happened. I haven't established a common theme in which emails it does this to and which it doesn't; it seems quite random, but there is probably a common cause I haven't found.

Can any one shed any light on what is happening here and more importantly how I can stop it happening?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice