Problem with Windows Security Alert

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jadan

Hello

I am having this problem for sometime now...

I running XP pro SP2 ...

I use Symantec Antivirus ver 9.0.0.338

Everytime I start windows, the windows security Alert comes up with the alert to check my AV.

I have my AV up to date but still I am asked to check it all the time by windows security alert.

In the recommendations tab, it states " Symantec Antivirus reports that it is installed but its status is unknown."

the 2 options it gives are :

" Make sure your antivirus is up to date and turned on "
or
" get another Antivirus"

Can anyone tell me how can I make Windows security alert recognise that Symantec AV on my computer is up to date.

Thank you

Jadan

I would choose option #2. ;)

Seriously though, you can do the following to turn off the anti-virus alerts:

Control Panel --> Security Center --> Resources (on left side) --> Choose "Change the way Security Center alerts me" --> uncheck Virus Protection.

That should do it for you. Option #2 is still something to consider, though. ;)

Be good...

~Eric

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online