1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with "Windows Sound Service" (It's not a dependancy issue)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by TylerK, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

So I was doing a little bit of coding for my bot today, listening to music so I can stay motivated to keep working on it without going insane, and all of a sudden my music goes out.... Now I know that windows vista has a popular problem with the ever famous Error 1075, dependancy or groups error, but this is not that error. For some reason my Audio won't start when I try to manually start it, or when I try to manually load svchost.exe from the system32 folder, witch actually worked last time I had a sound problem.

The error I'm getting now is a "Access Denied" error, Error 0x80070005 to be exact. "Error 0x80070005: Access is denied." Nothing fancy really, but the weird thing is I'm on the main administrator account for the computer, and I've done this before with no problems at all. It will start to load it up for about 2 or 3 seconds before it gets this error, and then no go.

I really need this to be fixed because I go crazy coding without music, and my bot is far from finished. Please post anything you've got on this.

-TK

2. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I'm on a Toshiba Satellite A215 (All retail) with Windows Vista Home Premium, Realtek High Definition Audio Controller, and the weird thing is, I have the little X on my speaker down in the tray menu as if it were muted, and well my wireless also has a red X on it as if it can't connect, but I can connect to it just fine, I am right now, but the Audio doesn't work even when it asks me to turn on Audio Service.

-TK

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Access Denied to what?

Any warnings in Devixce Manager? Have you turned off any services?

As always, try chkdsk /f

4. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

Device manager works fine, and I haven't turned off any services. However, when I do the chkdsk /f it tells me that "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

I put yes, restarted, and still nothing is happening. Someone on another forum said that when they installed the new version of AIM the other day (6.2) that's when their volume turned off, odd as it is, I had just installed AIM 6.2 a little bit before my volume stopped, I don't know if this helps you but I hope so.

-TK

Edit: One more weird thing, I just went to "Volume Mixer" to see if I could do anything, and it says "No audio device is installed" but my driver is up to date and everything.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check to see that the Multimedia Class Scheduler, Windows Audio, and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services are all running.

And the obvious thing, I guess, try uninstalling AIM.

6. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

Multimedia Class Scheduler = Running, Windows Audio Endpoint Builder = Running, but Windows Audio isn't running, and when I try to start it, I get the error stated above. As far as AIM, I un-installed it right after I read that post.

I just think it's weird that like I said in my last post, it tells me I have no audio device installed, when once I try to configure speakers, it says Realtek bla bla bla, and I got the drivers too.

-TK

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

Device Manager looks OK? Try starting the service after turning off or disabling your firewall. If you have your own firewall, check to see if AOL, with their superior knowledge of what you really want, may have turned the Windows firewall back on.

8. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

Fire wall's off, device manager is ok, hell I even found like 20 svchost.exe running under hidden programs, witch is the audio device for all computers that I've ever seen at least. I tried ending process to all of em, to see if it would restart the computer and turn it back on, well it restarted the computer but no luck in turning audio back on.

-TK

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

The service depends on %SystemRoot%\System32\Audiosrv.dll. Be sure that dll is present.

Is the service configured to run under a Local Service account, and enabled to run under your current hardware profile (lower pane)?

10. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

Yes it's present, and yes it is

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Try registering the dll. It should register if the service is not running.

regsvr32 audiosrv.dll

I've also attached the registry entries for that service in case they have somehow gotten corrupted or removed.

Attached Files:

12. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

When I try to register the .dll it says "The module "audiosrv.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "audiosrv.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

-TK

13. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. Maybe not a self-registering dll. How about the reg file?

14. TylerK

TylerK Thread Starter

The registry was already there, but I put it in again just incase it was messed up, still nothing.

-TK

15. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. Are you having any other permissions issues that you are aware of?

Has there been any changes to permissions anywhere?

Probably not it, but worth a try:

Open the Windows folder and check the permissions on the "registration" folder. Make sure Everyone has Read access, and that both System and Administrators have full access.

Look in the Event Viewer for errors. You can filter the results so that only errors show. Look in both the System and Application section.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice