Problem with windows XP: Won't boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aao_pwner

Banned
error on boot: we apologise for the inconvience but windows did not start successfully a recent hardware or software change might have caused this if your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectally or automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose your last known good configuration:

1. boot in safe mode
2. boot in safe mode with networking
3. boot in safe mode with command prompt

any option i choose it goes to boot screen comes up and restarts and the same error as the one above comes up.

aao_pwner

Banned
aao_pwner said:
error on boot: we apologise for the inconvience but windows did not start successfully a recent hardware or software change might have caused this if your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectally or automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose your last known good configuration:

1. boot in safe mode
2. boot in safe mode with networking
3. boot in safe mode with command prompt

any option i choose it goes to boot screen comes up and restarts and the same error as the one above comes up.

meh, bump. Help!

You are probably looking at a reinstall/full recovery scenario here. BUT if the Recovery Console is an option for you and you are persistent and resourceful you might effect a repair.

If the recovery console has not been installed, AND you have a Windows CD, you can reach it through booting with the CD.

If you can get to the Recovery Console you might try the directions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmb_tol_kfma.asp

http://www-biology.ucsd.edu/computerservices/registryfix.html

Pancho, the reason why your "microsoft" links won't open is because you copy/pasted them in "truncated" form (that's when you see "..."in the path). Copy them directly from an address bar. I will delete your additional posts.

tony007

Banned
Thank you. I'me a new member on this forum but I have been on other forums could you explain in more detail about copying directly from the address bar and what you mean about "in the path). I appreciate the help thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online