Problem with WinXP themes Service

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

turrican

Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro.

I rebooted my computer and the WinXP theme that I normally have is gone and is now showing the crappy Windows 98/ME style interface, I hate it! (no offence to anyone who likes this, it's just that I don't!)

If I go to Desktop properties & Appearance it's only showing 'Windows Classic Style'

If I go to Desktop Themes and then browse to C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes and try to select the Luna theme (luna.msstyles) I just get an error message: 'The theme could not be loaded because the theme service is not running' I click 'OK' then it pops up again after I click 'OK' it goes.

I have been in Services and the Themes service is set to Automatic and is running. I have searched Google & MS Knowledge Base but no answers. I have tried replacing the Luna theme file from the Windows installation disk but that didn't fix it, I'm running out of ideas.

Please help I want my Themes back!!

Many thanks, if you need any more info I will be glad to give it

Turrican

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online