Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem with Wireless Connection

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cruze5 
#1 ·
I've had a wireless network for a while now and its worked perfectly with 128bit WEP encryption. Yesterday I installed SP2 and it continued to work fine, now it just won't work at all with encryption and the wireless router is working because when i disable WEP encryption then the computer will connect. But when I enable it, it won't.

I uninstalled Service Pack 2, but it still won't work.

I can't configure anything because when I click "View Available Wireless Networks" I get a completly greyed out box with no wireless networks included, the connect and advanced buttons are also disabled with only the cancel button functioning.

Has anyone any solutions?

Thanks and Regards,
Martin2k5

#2 ·
If the computer connects without encryption in the router, I'd remove and regenerate the configuration in the PC. I've found that at times I have to enter the encryption key several times before it "takes", and there's no rational reason that should be the case.

#4 ·
go to start run the type services.msc scroll down to the bottom and make sure wireless zero configuration is on automatic. just to trouble shoot wireless you can turn it on and off to start the search for the ssid.
also go back into the router and copy and paste the HEX key to a txt file not the passprase then paste the key back, to make sure you are using hte right key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.