1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Word fields

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DualEul, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DualEul

DualEul Thread Starter

I have created a mail merge document in Word that also incorporates several word fields ( ask, if..then..else ) The primary document includes an If..then..else field that calls for IncludeText of another document. Within that document are more ask and if..then..else statements. In the final merge, Word asks the Ask fields twice...even though I have checked the ask once box and am only merging to one record. Any ideas on what I have done wrong? I have been working in both Word 2000 and Word 2002.

2. DualEul

DualEul Thread Starter

Okay, never mind. I figured it out. You have to put all the Ask fields in the original document and then reference the bookmarks in the subsequent documents.

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Thanks for lett us know, DualEul. I felt bad when I couldn't answer your question. I never use ASK fields...

:)

4. DualEul

DualEul Thread Starter

Don't feel bad, Dreamboat. In the process of looking for an answer to my problem, I found this website and have learned all sorts of things. This place is great.

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I'm rather attached to it myself. :)
    Glad to have you here!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224782

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice