1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by agully, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. agully

agully Thread Starter

Sorry to bother you all, but I've searched around for days now, cannot solve on my own. All of a sudden when I open a Word document, I get
    "This document cannot be registered. It will not be able to create links from this document to other documents." Also at same time whenever I trie to email from someones web site it says that word is to be used for this, but is either busy or cannot be found. I think there are some registry issues, but as I have lost ALL my computer cds this last year, I dont know how to reinstall or repair. Are there any suggestions as to what I should be looking at now?

Dell optiplex running windows xp and office 2002.
    Thanks in advance.

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

Try reregistering Word. With Word closed, click on Start then Run. In the box, type:

winword /r

, then press Enter.

Note the space between "winword" and "/r".

3. agully

agully Thread Starter

Thanks, ran thru the procedure, but still am getting the same message

4. bomb #21

bomb #21

If it's a "last few days" thing, did you try a System Restore?

5. agully

agully Thread Starter

Bomb 21
    Yes I did, had to just redo it as a matter of fact, could not load up web pages, checked on the word issue, it is still there. I guess I'll have to buy a new disk and reinstall

6. bomb #21

bomb #21

agully, I found many examples of (users with) this problem. Unfortunately I couldn't find one where it had been solved. From what you say, it seems to be an annoyance rather than something that prevents you working completely -- although I expect that's no consolation. :(

Regrets,
    Andy

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice