1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with yuri's revenge C&C Red Alert 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by Demente, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Demente

Demente Thread Starter

when i try to play YR i get a black screen and then an error message. when i run it in compatibilty for win98 it starts the opening movies and then it hangs on the loading screen works fine but really slow, cuz my old win98 doesn't have good memory. i have tryed reinstalling red alert 2 and yuri's revenge but it still doesn't work. i have win xp and both cd's are original any help will be appreciated :(

Attached Files:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    YR is volatile on Windows XP. You will need to run the setup under windows 98 compatibility before running it. Even then there's no guarantee that it will work.

3. ahiraz

ahiraz

i have exactly the same problem , i don't know what to do , i HAVE seen another thread here on this site but altough the starter of the thread didn't tell how he fixed it unfortunately...

someone needs to help us !!

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Like I said, there's no gaurantee for anything to work and EA Lames didn't bother with a patch.

The main problem is the GAMEMD.EXE file. If you install both RA2 and YR's setup files under Windows 98. it should work. I did this and I got it to work, but the loading times were bad. (about double of what it should be)

5. bobcoolos

bobcoolos

I got it to work perfectly but i played Red Alet 2 then installed Yuries Revenge upon beatng the allided disc in Red Alert 2. And yea it takes long time to load when starting up the game. Remindes me of the playstation games in the playstation 2. You would think that sence thir older they would load fast on newer equipment, but nope.

6. Shairel

Shairel

turn off your antivirus software, load times will be cut by about 80%

7. gazza52

gazza52

I have a similar problem. When you say install under Windows 98 are you implying that I would need to remove XP, install 98, load RA2 then upgrade to XP?

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    no, in XP you can change the way XP installs the game. Right click on the Setup.exe or/and autorun.exe and click properties. Click on Compatbility, check the box and set the drop down box to Windows 98 / ME

9. QIP

QIP

when i want to play online, i click the internet -> it takes me to connecting to westwood -> asks about my username/password , i use same as my RA2 -> taked me agin to connectin to servers then back again to the first page where you select quick match, custom match.. etc

i dont know whats the problem? i got an 512 adls.. [email protected] works perfectly online!

any hint?

10. QIP

QIP

and btw, iam running XP , no problem at all!

for those of you havin problems, how much ram and whats your Video cards?

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I don't know much about the online play for RA2 or more to the point, the Westwood Services. What you do mean by ' about my username/password , i use same as my RA2' Are you talking about loading Yuri's Revenge and then using RA2s username / password for the online play?

12. QIP

QIP

for Red Alert 2 to play online you make an account, after you register, you can also use this account with yuri

Yuri starts perfect and plays perfect too! but when i try to play online as i said before; i press Internet -> asks for my online account ( the one you are askin about) then instead of takin me to the rooms, it takes me back ! it does not log in,

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    make sure your username / password is the same.

Also it could be that the servers are down

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice