Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem writing to 700Mb CD-RW

740 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I have an OPTORITE 48x16x48 CD-RW drive, CW4802, running Win ME. It seems to write to CD-Rs and CD-RWs that are the regular density 650MB, 74 minute types. However, it balks a lot and gives me a generic error telling me the media is damaged or has scratches or the software is bad, etc. whenever I use 700MB CD-RWs.

I updated the firmware to the latest version, but it wasn't far behind anyway.

I am using new (never written to) Memorex disks. Any tips or fixes on how to overcome this problem would be appreciated.

#3 ·
I have used Nero 5.5 on at least 8-9 different brands of drives, and I've never experienced issues burning 700mb disks. A 48x burner should be new enough not to have an issue with 700mb disks, which have been around for years. I'm going to guess that Sparrow is on target, either bad media or a defective burning software.

#4 ·
Thanks Sparrow and Johnwill. I use Nero to burn disks, but I usually use the CD-Rs I have. The problem has been with Stomp's Backup My PC, a highly recommended backup program. Maybe I'll try Nero with the CD-RW disks and see if I have the same problem. At least that will help isolate it. Thanks, again. Enjoy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.