Problem: XP Pro Restarts After Splash Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FusionFX

Hello, when my computer boots using Windows XP Pro it asks me if I want to start my computer in safe mode, normal, ect. No matter which one I choose it begins to load XP (Splash Screen with loading bar) and after a few seconds my computer restarts without any notice or any screen starting a problem. I have attempted an XP Pro repair (placing CD into drive and booting from CD-ROM) but after I press R on the XP CD to repair, it takes a few seconds and then goes to a black screen starting (Microsoft Windows XP<TM> Recovery Console. The Recovery Console provides system repair and recovery functionality. Type EXIT to exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer. C:\>) and doesn't do anything to attempt to repair or copy the repair files needed. What else can I do which doesn't require reformating and reinstalling Windows XP Pro?

-------------------------
My Specs.
-------------------------
Intel Pentium IV 3.0 (530) | 1MB L2 Cache | 800FSB | HT
Intel BOXD915PBLL 915P Chipset Motherboard
Samsung DDR2-SDRAM 400 |PC2 3200| 512x2 = 1024 MB (3-3-3-8 3.2GB/s)
nVidia Geforce 6600GT 128 MB
SATA 160 GB | 7200RPM | 8MB Cache
ATA133 200GB | 7200RRM | 8MB Cache
Santa Cruz Turtle Beach with 2.1 speaker setup.
Samsung CD-RW 48x
Philips DVD+RW w/ DBL Write Capibility
Windows XP Pro

Exactly, you're pressing "R" to early.
You have to press enter and "Accept the License Agreement" first.
Check the link above how to do that.

FusionFX

CHKDSK reads that everything is fine. I am unable to boot into safe mode, it gives me the option but restarts my computer after the splash screen... When I use my XP CD, my HD appears but says the partition type is unknown and my XP Pro installation isn't shown. Plus it shows like 156 GB on my 160GB hard drive. Does that mean for some reason, I lost all my data?... I also installed XP onto another ATA HD but it couldn't read my 160GB SATA. I know I can get WIndows XP to work with a fresh install wiping my 160GB HD but I would like to know if there was any other way to recover XP with reformating. Any other suggestions would be great.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online