1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem! =(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by angela86, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angela86

angela86 Thread Starter

I fixed the explorer error with Spybot (THANKS SO MUCH TO WHOEVER POITNED THAT OUT!)=) But...

It takes about 10-15 seconds for stuff to respond. and even my typing is going slow as I'm writing this! I also keep getting this message:

Windows File Protection
    Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability Windows must resture the original versions of these files.
    Insert your Windows 2000 Professional CD-ROM now.

Then when I do I get:

The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application.

So I press OK and I get:

Winkbgz.exe has generated gerrors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
    An error log is being created.

I don't know what else to do! Can someone help me? =( :(

2. steamwiz

steamwiz

3. Tushman

Tushman Banned

That file "Winkbgz.exe" sounds rather suspicious. It could be a virus that is causing your problem.

If you can successfully connect to the internet, run a free on-line virus scanner here:

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Do you perhaps make an ERD for your system? (Emergency Repair Disk)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice