1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by warpaine, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warpaine

warpaine Thread Starter

hi everyone, iam not a computer spec, but i have a problem.. i am using windows 98 se. it boots fine and does everything right however after startup loads all the icons on my desktop. Windows starts serching for MWSOEMON.EXE. and it can't be found so iam reloaded windows and it still does it everytime i turn on the computer. I cancel the search and everything works normal. So if anyone can help please get back to me.... Thanx

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

According to a quick google of MWSOEMON.EXE is a component of the spyware program MY Search Bar. Obviously this was somehow intended to start at windows start up and was somehow removed(or rather part of it was removed, specifically MWSOEMON.EXE) causing windows to "want" it but can't find it, thus the error you are receiving. You can either download a program to rid yourself of this and other spyware pests or you can do a search files and folders for My Search Bar and remove evrything related to it. The latter option will leave remnants of the program in windows registry however, which isn't good. The program you can download is called Spybot Search and Destroy, it is small and it is freeware, you can get it here and if you have questions about using the program after you set it up, come back here and ask around, someone will help you out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice