1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Justus916, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Justus916

Justus916 Thread Starter

Here are my system specs. Asus A8N-E Mobo,Nvidia ultra4 chipset,7600gt nvidia,939 socket AMD 3500 processor,built in sound card I belive AC97, Windows XP SP2.. I've done everything I know to do and I can't find any info on the same audio codec I had. I've download other audio codec's but no luck.I also updated my sound card driver still no luck . My video plays but Audio doesn't. I have spent a lot of time on this and it is very very annoying. I've used gspot but no luck can some one please help me!!I do not have XP disk. I ran system info and it said evrything was good except it said sound card not found if one is expected, you should install one by the manuf. In sound and audio folder under realtek AC97 Audio general it says This device is working properly so that means I have a sound card installed right? The yellow ? in device manger says unknown I tried to install hardware by right clicking update driver but it doesn't find anything. I did a unknown device scan and it said PNPID usb\unknown, also I get no audio mixer device available.
    [​IMG]

2. Justus916

Justus916 Thread Starter

Hello, I'm having a problem with my sound driver. HERE is the problem when I boot up I have no sound and I have to go into device manger and uninstall my realtex driver and so after that I then go to add hardware and click on it so it will find my realtex driver and it always does{I have sound after clicking add Hardware} but it stinks to do this everytime I bootup. Does anybody know what is going on and how to fix it?

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi Justus916

I found the other thread you had going....I think these two are for the same computer, right? If so, there is important info in the older thread, so I have Merged the two into one for you. If you have any problems or a reason you don't want them Merged, just notify me or post here, but if they concern the same computer then the info will get you some help a lot quicker.

This combined thread may also be Moved, as it concerns a hardware issue....but for now, we can leave it here.

4. Justus916

Justus916 Thread Starter

Byteman I fixed the fisrt problem and forgot to remove the thread.Anyways the secound question is the 1 I'm having trouble with.Thanks

5. padutch

padutch

Had the same problem last week . I would delete the other devices and put my XP cd in and let the PC find my new hardware . It would find it and load it and then I would have sound . That is untill I rebooted and had to do the same thing to get my sound back . Did a HJT and in the log it had my sound but not as run but as run once . Which it did . So I deleted my sound completely and got out my sound blaster CD and reloaded everything from it . Note : I didn't let the computer find I ran my CD on auto to run the whole install . Now everything works fine . Don't know if this will work for you but it worked for me .
    Rick

6. Justus916

Justus916 Thread Starter

That's for the help I think I fixed it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice