1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems accessing intranet sites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pileyrei, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pileyrei

pileyrei Thread Starter

Hi

I'm not sure that anyone can help me with this problem but I'd like to ask.

DETAILS:

IBM Thinkpad T22 Laptop
    Windows 2000 Professional

A user at our company connects to an internal intranet website. The web server is located in the US (we are in the UK) and so its a bit slow but ok.

When he gets to a certain site he clicks a link that should open an Excel document. He clicks the link and his pc appears to freeze up. I checked task manager and IE is still running, cpu usage is around 3%. If you wait for 8 minutes (timed it a few times) the document opens up fine.

I logged the user off and logged on as myself. I accessed the link and the document opend up with 10 seconds!

Things I have tried:

1. Ran an IE browser repair.
    2. Rebuilt the users Windows 2000 Profile.
    3. Deleted Temp Internet Files including Index.dat
    4. Detect and Reapir in Excel (just in case!)

Its not a major problem but the document should open up in about 10-15 seconds instead of 8 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Regards

Pileyrei

2. pileyrei

pileyrei Thread Starter

Anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice