Problems after dropping Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

silywils

I dropped my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga on a hard surface about a month ago. After the drop, the touch screen stopped working (there was uncontrollable phantom activity--random apps opened, "touch" circles appeared all over the screen). I completely disabled the touch screen, and things got better, but I am still having some issues.

Here are the two major issues I'm dealing with:
1) While using my computer, the Windows menu occasionally opens up on its own. Once it has opened up, my keyboard consistently stops working (when this happens, pressing any key brings up random programs such as control panel, cortana, etc). Restarting the laptop usually temporarily fixes the issue, but it happens 10-20x per day. Sometimes it seems like the Windows menu opens up after I adjust my screen, but often it opens with no movement at all.

2) My computer freezes at times (independent of when the Windows menu opens), and I have to open and close my computer to get it to unfreeze.

I'm guessing I messed up my hardware when I dropped the laptop, but have no idea what part might cause these issues. If anyone has an idea what part of my computer may be broken or if there are any diagnostic tests I can run to better understand the issue, this information would be greatly appreciated! I also hope to fix my touch screen. Do you think it is capable of being repaired or will it need to be fully replaced? Thank you!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I dropped my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga on a hard surface about a month ago.
What is the exact serial number on that Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga?
Do you think it is capable of being repaired or will it need to be fully replaced?
There is no way that anyone from here can answer that question.
Only a reliable laptop technician can.

-------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
My serial number is: MP12MGHK
You have THIS Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260 Type 20FD Model 002CUS which was purchased in June 2016.

You might consider making use of the "Troubleshooting" and "Diagnostics" options it offers.

--------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
How exactly did it drop? Do you have any other physical damage present other than your screen?

silywils

How exactly did it drop? Do you have any other physical damage present other than your screen?
I think it landed with the monitor side hitting the floor, while closed.

There is no physical damage that can been seen without opening up the computer. No cracks or anything.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online