1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems after replaceing PSU and GPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ErosTheConqueror, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErosTheConqueror

ErosTheConqueror Thread Starter

Specs:

i5-9600K CPU (The gpu is pretty weak for the cpu please don't remind me)

AMD radeon R9 390X

Gigabyte B360M DS60H motherboard

1x8Gb 2666Mhz Ram(gonna upgrade it in a year)

2xSata3 Hdd 1Tb each

M.2 SSD 240 GB
    Runs on WIN 10
    3 12 CM fans (including the cpu fan)

and all runs by a 750W A80 Chieftec PSU (yeah not the best)

Pre:

I had upgraded my pc with the exception of the psu and gpu(a 1050TI and an Njoy Ayourus 500W psu)

Problem(s):

After I had installed the new PSU and new GPU, the first thing i did is that I did a benchmark... The pc crashed, so I lowered the clockspeed of the gpu in the driver settings to 57%... It worked but it had an awful performance... So step by step I tried to increase it... I was tired and annoyed by this so I went to play games at about 80% of performance... It ran on very high at the max framerate of my monitor(75hz) without a single fps drop...But the next day it crashed after 5 minutes into the game... I tried lowering the settings but it didn't work... An hour later for somewhat reason I was able to play like 30 minutes.. But the next day it crashed and I was not able to even restart my pc... So because I had kept my gpu and psu i swapped them but simply putting the old gpu didn't work so I put the old psu back too... It worked without a problem for four day without a single crash in benchmarks . I took back the psu and they changed it for me(Actually the one before was only 650W so for a little extra charge). But after replacing the psu and gpu once again at 100% performance it crashed so I lowered it again but this time jsut with 15% and it worked, i tried a FurMark at this level and it worked.. I checked the temperatures but everything was fine (from 56 to 86C while furmark) I suppose it was 80fps on 1080p with no anti-alising or smth.. With userbenchmark it was around 63%(and from 56 to 75 C) Then I tried to do it on 100% but with higher Fan speed and fan voltage, and the temp was around 71C when the userbenchmark crashed (at the splattering effect I suppose, the one after the 2 red circle of wings or smth crossed by a black ball), but before that there was another crash while the pc was idle... And one more thing when it crashes first it has a grey screen and the voice what happened before 0.5 until the crash is repeating. Then I have to press the power button and after the restart it usually crashes twice with a blue screen: Machine\_check\_exception... I would say that probably the gpu is bad, but the 650W psu didn't work with old gpu after the pc crashed, and the pc crashed twice when the gpu wasn't used, once when I was writing this so I had to rewrite everything...
    Edit: And with the old card and the brand new 750w psu it crashed while I was doing a benchmark but this time it was a few seconds after the gpu tests

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!