1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems after updating Radeon 9200 series driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gil_dano, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gil_dano

gil_dano Thread Starter

P4 Windows XP pro - I have just installed a new ATI catalyst driver for Radeon 9200 series and now I can't adjust the screen resolution, font size etc. This all started after installing a new monitor and my grandson wanted to play his Fifa06 game I got a message "FIFA06 requires Hardware Graphics Acceleration". So I downloaded and installed an updated flash player from MS and an updated graphics driver from ATI. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Reinstall the old driver. Older video card don't do well lately with latsest new drivers from ATi or Nvidia.

3. zabusant

zabusant

You can "roll back" the driver in device manager - Control panel>System>Hardware tab>device manager - right click on the graphics card - properties - driver details:)

4. gil_dano

gil_dano Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your replies. I decided to turn off the computer once again, and the problems I had had seemed to resolve themselves. However when I try to start playing the fifa06 game I still get the message "Fifa06 requires hardware graphics acceleration", even though I have updated the flash and graphic drivers. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/655548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice