1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems burning cd's

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gizmodj, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gizmodj

gizmodj Thread Starter

I have tried several ways to solve my problem of not being able to burn cd's from itunes. I have erased itunes and downloaded a new version but the problem persists. I can burn up to 10 songs (sometimes 1 or 2) and then it tells me an unexpected problem arises and the burn stops. Help!!!

2. stantley

stantley

Are there any other error messages displayed? If so, what are the exact messages.

What kind of music files are you trying to burn, are they Mp3 or some other format?

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have other programs installed that burn CD's?

4. gizmodj

gizmodj Thread Starter

it says an unexpected error occurred. Cancelling burn. error 4162.

5. gizmodj

gizmodj Thread Starter

yes but all my songs are on itunes and I can't find the library to import the songs I've purchased etc.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

So there are other problems with iTunes?

Try burning a CD with another program, something simple with drivers that have wide compatibility, like InfraRecorder.

Can you burn anything with the built-in Windows burner?

7. gizmodj

gizmodj Thread Starter

I can use another media player to burn cd's and have done so. How do I transfer my library from itunes to windows media player or like player? I have purchased a ton of music from itunes but I cannot find a way to copy or transfer or share these files with other players on my computer. Since my itunes will not allow me to burn cd's I either have to burn and rip one or two songs (this is all I can burn in itunes) at a time onto another media player............. a very slow process. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

Due to licensing, you may be restricted in what you can do with your iTunes music. You most likely cannot transfer them to WMP.

Have you tried uninstalling or just reinstalling iTunes?

At least you know that the drive works all right.

What do you mean that you "lost" your library? Did it just vanish, were you trying to move it, or what happened?

9. gizmodj

gizmodj Thread Starter

I found the library(s) for itunes but I cannot share it with my other cd burner programs. I guess I'm going to have to get other people to burn my music updates from itunes (if they have the music) and rip them onto another program. At this point I can't see a fix. Thanks for the help.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1011396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice