1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems burning master file to DVD in Sony DVD Architect Pro 5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jamminjan, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jamminjan

jamminjan Thread Starter

Hi there, I'm new here and hoping someone can help me! I am trying to burn a dvd master for a dual layer project in DVD Architect and am running into a brick wall each time. I went through the Prepare and Master stages with no problem, but when I went to burn the master to disc, it gives me an error saying, "the folder does not seem to be valid mastered folder" and that it doesn't have any layers. But I'm looking in the directory, and I'm seeing layers! And when I made the master, it said the mastering was completed successfully. By the way, I AM able to burn a regular dual layer disc. But I simply CANNOT seem to burn the master, which has to be burned on two single layer discs.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

*edit* The exact error I'm getting is "The folder does not seem to be valid mastered folder. A valid mastered DVD folder must contain layer subfolders."

2. Sponsor

3. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Architect sucks for burning. Skip it. Use ImgBurn for burning DVD+R DL media.

4. jamminjan

jamminjan Thread Starter

Well, I burned a DL with no problem. It's burning the single-layer master discs (for dual layer replication) that's the problem. There's an issue with the software recognizing the mastered files.

5. jamminjan

jamminjan Thread Starter

I found the answer to the problem, at least in my case. It is the copyright setting. For some reason setting it to One or None when setting up the master file can cause a problem in burning it. As soon as I changed that option, it worked fine.

6. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

I'll bet the DL disc doesn't have proper IFO/BUP gapping, and the layer break may not be set at optimal location. Again, ImgBurn is the tool to use here.

Glad you figured out the SL issue.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!