1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Burning Movie Maker file to DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by skooter68, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skooter68

skooter68 Thread Starter

I put together a Movie Maker project which includes digital photos and some audio to go with it. Once completed, I chose the option to Burn to DVD. The wizard comes up and starts formatting/preparing my project. After it gets to 100% complete another screen comes up where it is ready to start the DVD burning process but the Create DVD button is grayed out. Everything on the page with the exception of the Cancel button and the Help Button are grayed out. I have a Dell Insperion (less than 2 years old) with a DVD/CD-RW drive and I am using a blank DVD+R disk. Any suggestions?

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

From MS:

Burn your movie to a DVD

To burn a DVD that you can play in a video DVD player, you need to have a DVD burner and video DVD burning software on your computer. Many new computers come with an internal DVD burner. However, if your computer does not already have one installed, you may find it easier to install an external USB DVD burner.

You can choose from a number of programs for burning video DVDs, such as Roxio MyDVD. Keep in mind that every program is different, but the basics are the same.

You basically need an authoring program to convert MM's output to DVD compliant files (a VIDEO_TS folder etc.). You might have one already.

This free app might do it, note what input it accepts and same your MM project accordingly.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

3. skooter68

skooter68 Thread Starter

Hi MS..

Shouldn't I be able to use the 'Create DVD' option from within Movie Maker? I spoke to a friend of mine and he was able to create a DVD from within Movie Maker.

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Read the help file or ask your friend.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/606813

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice