1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problems burning photos using Nero 6

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by larch303, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larch303

larch303 Thread Starter

I wanted to burn some jpeg photos to a cdR using nero 6.1.1.10, which I have done many times with no problems.
    This time I checked the box saying create a multisession disc, as I wanted to add more later. I had never used nero for multi session before, I had used Roxio.
    It worked fine, and the photos were there, however my originals on my PC that I burned the cd from which I went to have a look at later have become unopenable. They show up using compupic as blank s, and it says they are text files, even though its shows a jpeg and states the image size etc... on the . A few of the images on the s are still there, however they can't be opened, or manipulated in anyway. One photo out of the 128 however is perfectly fine, and is normal.
    I have tried eveything to open these and try and figure out what it did to them but I have drawn a blank.
    Photoshop tells me a jpeg marker segment length is too short and may be truncated. ACDsee just has blank s like compupic with no image in them.
    As a kicker the cd I burned was damaged and I can't use it.
    I have never had the originals damaged by any software that I have burned photo cd's with, including nero.
    Can anyone tell me why it did this, and if there is anything that I could do to open these images up or is that it, they are toast. Does nero always do this to the originals if a multisession cd is burned?
    Can nero reverse this or fix the problem?
    Any help would be greatly apperciated.
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/268990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice