1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Changing Home Page in Microsoft Edge

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jack1000, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

I am very confused about Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 build I have (1511.) How do I change my Home Page to Google and make it stick? The instructions that I found from Microsoft say:

1.) Select More on the Address Bar (...)
    2.) Than Settings
    3.) Turn on Show the Home Button
    4.) Enter the URL of your Home Page and click Save.

I am doing that, but it keeps going back to Bing. I also don't understand for opening pages it says, "Open a page or a range of pages." This is awful!

Jack

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I can't comment on the Microsoft Edge browser that comes as part of Windows 10 because I've never used it.

Have you considered using the Internet Explorer 11 browser that also comes as part of Windows 10?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
  4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    The above link will do the trick.
    BUT, you will need to define your custom page, and make sure that the "About Start" is deleted.
    Edge will now start up at the Home page.

5. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Oh man!

I figured it out on my own, but I don't want to reproduce the steps on the forum yet, because it's not an easy task! Maybe someone else can? There's a lot of work to get to settings in Edge compared to the simplicity of other browsers. Everything is different in Settings and you can't just take what you have learned for years in IE, or Firefox (my browser of choice) or Chrome. Your Home Page and Start Page can be different? That threw me for a loop!

I like the speed of Edge and extensions are coming out in the Windows 10 Anniversary update, but it is certainly not user-friendly.

Jack

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1174649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice