1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems connecting wirelessly

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Nrbromert, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nrbromert

Nrbromert Thread Starter

I just returned home to my parents house for the holidays and was met with them explaining that they no longer can get on the internet wirelessly, thinking that it must be the router I plugged in my computer and it works perfectly. Their computer shows they are getting full bars of coverage but when I go into network sharing it shows it is connected to the router but not the internet. The router is working correctly as other people are using it and it's working fine. When i try and diagnose problems it says:

Cannot communicate with primary DNS server (168.94.0.15)
    (Network diagnostics pinged the remote host but did not receive a response)

Then there is an option to reset the network adaptor and when clicked it trys repairing it and then it says:

Windows tried a repair but a problem still exists. Cannot communicate with primary DNS server(168.94.0.15)

Again there is an option to reset the network adaptor. It just goes round in circles.
    I have googled the problem but the solutions I have tried seem not to help.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!