1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems doing a Case Change

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Billytaw, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billytaw

Billytaw Thread Starter

Hi.

I recently Purchased a new case and Powersupply to make way for my new Graphics Card.

I have moved everything from the old case to the new one and installed the new powersupply.

Now the new case connecter's were drastically different from my old one (I went from a Fujitsu-Siemens Case - to an Aerocool Case)

I plugged everything in where i believed they should go and powered up.

Now when i turnt he power supply ont he PC goe's straight into Bootup, it doesn't wait for me to press the power button.

The PC goe's throught he Bios page and onto the Hardware addresses page, Boot from CD comes up twice then the screen changes to go into Window's but it never gets there it just goe's black and Hangs.

Soi took everything that connects the case to the Mobo of (Except the Power Switch) i.e Speaker connections, Firewire, USB etc and booted and still the same.

So i try and enter the Setup or Safe mode but i realise my Keyboard isn't active.

I know the keyboard works (Im using it to write this).

ANy Ideas?

Now the first time i connected it up to the PC screen and turned it on it actually got to the windows Login page but the mouse wouldn't work so i turned it of and on and then got this problem.

Billy

2. junker39

junker39

Double check the Power switch/Reset/Speaker/HDD indicator/Power indicator wires are plugged in the correct places. Sometimes the diagrams are not real clear on exactly which pins are the right ones for each. Check the jumpers on the MB to ensure they all are set to what the book says. Could be a jumper fell off or was not set properly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/345588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice