1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems downloading documents

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by newsey, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newsey

newsey Thread Starter

Not sure if this is where I should be. Today I went to TD Canada Trust site and logged in. Clicked on Documents to view my pending Visa Accounts and Line od Credit to see how much I owe and when I have to pay. Clicked on document icon but would not open and page appeared with heading at top with "Search-Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo". In the center of the page is a Search box. Also on the page is a statement "Before you download run free scan to identify Windows issues causing speed loss" with a box woth "Start scan now". No matter which statement icon I click same thing comes up. I do not know how this could come up on a secure site like TD canada Trust. I removed old Adobe reader and installed newest version but this did not help. It said on the TD site that Adobe Reader must be installed to view your documents. I have it on my computer but still will not open documents. Any help would be appreciated, Newsey PS running Windows XP

2. TD_Canada

TD_Canada

Hello Newsey. My name’s Jen and I work for TD. Saw your post so we hope you don’t mind us jumping in to see if we can help. We recommend first that your run a virus/malware scan of your computer. After the scan (and removal of anything you may find), if you are still having difficulty, you can try to reset Internet Explorer. Instructions can be found at http://bit.ly/p42jxF, but please read them thoroughly and back up any bookmarks you have along with any passwords as the reset will start you with a fresh browser. Try to view your statements once again and please give us a call if it’s not resolved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!