1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems during booting and there after...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by basusubhabrata, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basusubhabrata

basusubhabrata Thread Starter

Hi friends, i need some serious help here... [​IMG]

I have got an Acer Aspire 1600 series(1640 to be precise) laptop which i bought in 2006.
    Till now, i didn't face any problem with this particular product, but now this laptop has made my life a hell of a place!!!!! [​IMG]
    4 months back, the battery got damaged(i don't know how!). Since then, i have been using the laptop without any battery. [​IMG]
    Everything was fine, when suddenly my OS crushed down. After that, problems started creeping in one after the other. [​IMG]

I would write down my problems point-wise for better understanding.

1. Two weeks back, my laptop started producing strange beep sounds during booting. I could not count the number of beeps coz they were quite heavy in quantity. The sound is still continuing to harass me till date. [​IMG]

2. Today, as i was doing some work, i restarted my laptop. After that nothing could be done. It might sound to be a bit strange, but it is true. When i click on the start button the start menu comes and then automatically vanishes. Similarly, when i right-click on the desktop to refresh, the menu comes and then automatically disappears. I cannot install any application as everything gets cancelled by itself. In fact, i tried to reinstall xp(sp2) (through a bootable installation disk), but it also got cancelled by itself. Even when i try to shutdown the system, the shutdown dialogue comes and then disappears. [​IMG]

Man, this is a really big problem and i am in a real emergency situation!!! [​IMG]

What should be done......that is the big question..................... [​IMG]

I really need some help and advice from you guys....
    [​IMG]

Hope to receive a quick and prompt reply....

Thank You.
    Subhabrata Basu.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756097

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice