Problems finding drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Peaker

Hi folks,

I need your help again.

I'm trying to find drivers for the on Board sound for an ASUS (K8N8X-LA PES).

I need drivers that work on Win 2000 Professional but can't find them. Anybody know any that I can use?

Thanks,

Grant.

A google search on that board seems to bring up that it is an ASUS board made for HP. If true any luck at the HP site?

Peaker

norton850 said:
A google search on that board seems to bring up that it is an ASUS board made for HP. If true any luck at the HP site?
Yep it is but there are only drivers for XP at the HP site. And no drivers on the ASUS site. I've installed Win 2000 as I have developed a healthy hatred of XP.

Even a generic AC97 audio driver would do, I don't even know if these exist???

Peaker

AGCurry said:
Chances are pretty good that the XP driver will work for Win2K.
They don't unfortunately. they need some .cab file that doesnt exist under Win 2000. I'm stumped

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Looks like it uses the NForce chipset? If so go to the Nvidia site, www.nvidia.com, and download the unified driver. It should install most of drivers like the chipset, LAN, sound drivers, etc.

If that don't work then try Windows Update - if you can get on the internet.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online