1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems getting rid of Hijacker/trojan/spyware

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by wpackard, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wpackard

wpackard Thread Starter

Ok, I've got a serious headache over this whole thing. I seem to be experiencing much of the same things as the person in this thread http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...get-rid.html?highlight=trojan-downloader-zlob.

I get the same pop-up in IE 7 saying "Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click her to scan your computer for spyware and adware...". I think I also get the same background change (the red background with a biohazard symbol) that the person in the above link had.

Along with this, 3 shortcuts get added to my desktop, Error Cleaner, Privacy Protector, and Spyware & Protection. These same three shortcuts also appear in my favorites in IE 7.

I also have a couple other pop-ups happening. One that says:
    "Worm.Win32.Netsky detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and active-x objects. The worm has its own SMTP engine which means it gatyhers e-mails from you local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attacker to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. This process should be removed from your system.

Type: Virus
    Sytem Affected: Windows 2000, NT, ME, XP, Vista
    Security Risk (0-5): 5
    Recomendations: Click yes to remove it from your PC immediately"

Another pop-up that I am getting is:
    "Windows has detected an Internet attack attempt... Somebody's trying to infect your PC with spyware or harmful viruses. Run full system scan now to protect your PC from internet attacks, hijacking, and spyware! Click here to download spyware remover for total protection."

Last night as I was working on this problem I also noticed that you can click on the background like a link on a webpage and it tries to start opening up new IE windows.

I have Spysweeper and when I ran that it found the following:
    trojan-downloader-zlob
    trojan-ace-x

I also ran Spybot Search & Destroy and it found:
    smitfraud

When I quarantine the two trojans in Spysweeper and Smitfraud in Spybot my comp seems to clear up. The background returns to normal and it doesn't seem like it's bogged down. The only thing that seems to keep happening no matter what is the pop up in IE 7. Then after I restart my computer a all of the problems come back, which leads me to think that there's something in the registry that's getting overlooked by Spysweeper and Spybot.

I noticed that the person in the above thread also ran a Smitfraudfix program. I tried to find a link for that to use, but I didn't find anything (maybe I was spelling something wrong).

Here is my Hijackthis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 12:36:30 AM, on 10/30/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PROMon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Documents and Settings\William Packard\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.hotmail.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {AC546B33-036A-41DA-B1CC-C1D15659520E} - C:\WINDOWS\movctrlflm.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PROMon.exe] PROMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] "RUNDLL32.EXE" C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] "nwiz.exe" /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] "RUNDLL32.EXE" C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTHelper] CTHELPER.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe /startintray
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe"
    O4 - Global Startup: Install Pending Files.LNK = C:\Program Files\SIFXINST\SIFXINST.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {5F8469B4-B055-49DD-83F7-62B522420ECC} (Facebook Photo Uploader Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/win...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1183341628295
    O21 - SSODL: bxsbang - {0DD29917-CBA6-48FE-B6D5-8022092856A5} - C:\WINDOWS\bxsbang.dll
    O21 - SSODL: ocgrep - {CCA5E6D2-CB79-4C0E-8BD4-2FDB8394584D} - C:\WINDOWS\ocgrep.dll
    O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
    O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) NMS (NMSSvc) - Intel Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Protection Center Service (NSCService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: PictureTaker - LANovation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\PCTKRNT.SYS
    O23 - Service: Symantec AVScan (SAVScan) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
    O24 - Desktop Component 0: Privacy Protection - file:///C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\index.htm

--
    End of file - 8358 bytes

2. wpackard

wpackard Thread Starter

Ok, found the Smitfraudfix progrm and ran it. This is the log of the search.

SmitFraudFix v2.246

Scan done at 10:36:14.23, Thu 11/01/2007
    Run from C:\Documents and Settings\William Packard\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix
    OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
    The filesystem type is NTFS
    Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Process

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PROMon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\NMSSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Console\NSCSRVCE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jucheck.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts

hosts file corrupted !

127.0.0.1 legal-at-spybot.info
    127.0.0.1 www.legal-at-spybot.info

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\bxsbang.dll FOUND !
    C:\WINDOWS\kthemup.exe FOUND !
    C:\WINDOWS\nssfrch.dll FOUND !
    C:\WINDOWS\ocgrep.dll FOUND !
    C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\William Packard

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\William Packard\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\FAVORI~1

C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\FAVORI~1\Error Cleaner.url FOUND !
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\FAVORI~1\Privacy Protector.url FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url FOUND !
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url FOUND !
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\Desktop\Spyware?Malware Protection.url FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
    "Source"="file:///C:\\WINDOWS\\privacy_danger\\index.htm"
    "SubscribedURL"=""
    "FriendlyName"="Privacy Protection"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\1]
    "Source"="About:Home"
    "SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
    "FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
    !!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
    Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
    "AppInit_DLLs"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    "System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Rustock

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{470C4DC5-B460-470A-98B3-46C129C075AA}: DhcpNameServer=64.77.217.9 69.60.160.196
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=64.77.217.9 69.60.160.196

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning for wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

I then rebooted into safe mode and did the clean, and this is the log (I took out the list of hosts to save room in this post):

SmitFraudFix v2.246

Scan done at 11:50:48.28, Thu 11/01/2007
    Run from C:\Documents and Settings\William Packard\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix
    OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
    The filesystem type is NTFS
    Fix run in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winsock2 Fix

S!Ri's WS2Fix: LSP not Found.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

C:\WINDOWS\bxsbang.dll Deleted
    Deleting [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0DD29917-CBA6-48FE-B6D5-8022092856A5}]
    Deleting [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\CLSID\{0DD29917-CBA6-48FE-B6D5-8022092856A5}]
    C:\WINDOWS\kthemup.exe Deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\nssfrch.dll Deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\ocgrep.dll Deleted
    Deleting [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CCA5E6D2-CB79-4C0E-8BD4-2FDB8394584D}]
    C:\WINDOWS\privacy_danger\ Deleted
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\Desktop\Error Cleaner.url Deleted
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\Desktop\Privacy Protector.url Deleted
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\Desktop\Spyware?Malware Protection.url Deleted
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\FAVORI~1\Error Cleaner.url Deleted
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\FAVORI~1\Privacy Protector.url Deleted

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{470C4DC5-B460-470A-98B3-46C129C075AA}: DhcpNameServer=64.77.217.9 69.60.160.196
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=64.77.217.9 69.60.160.196

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
    "System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

I did all this and ran spybot and spysweeper again and I still get the popup in IE. Does anyone have a solution for this?

3. wpackard

wpackard Thread Starter

4. wpackard

wpackard Thread Starter

Ok, just ran SpySweeper and Spybot S&D again today. SpySweeper didn't find anything, but Spybot S&D found Smitfraud-C.MSVPS. How in the world do I get rid of this stuff without reformatting my hard drive (if that would even work)?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice