1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems in Add/Remove in Control Panel

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Cheryl, Jan 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I removed a solitaire program a day ago in Add/Remove in the control panel and it worked great.

Because I was having a problem with my computer I had to restore to an earlier date to correct the problem and that solitaire game reappeared in the add/remove program. I then tried to remove/delete it and a box comes up saying that program does not exist - so I can't delete it in the list.

How do I go about deleting that when it says it doesn't exist, but it is listed in the list?
    :(

2. terryxp

terryxp

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

and when I went to your suggested site - for the download of Tweak - it didn't say Windows XP.

4. mtbird

mtbird

Cheryl....
    Go to start>run. Type in regedit. Navigate from the left side to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Software
    Microsoft
    Windows
    CurrentVersion
    Uninstall

Scroll down until you find the program name that you want to get rid of. Right click on it, then click delete.

Check your add/remove programs to make sure it is gone.

Debe

5. terryxp

terryxp

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

Thank you both for your suggestions. I did MTBird's procedure (as I was too lazy to download) and it worked great!

Thanks again - and don't bother vacationing in Florida at this time. We are having 27 degree weather with no let-up in sight..... Ugh!

:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111870

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice