Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems in playing downloaded media

2K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Sandee02 
#1 ·
Downloaded media is not playing, like video is playing in VLC but no audio is playing. In windows media player there comes an error displaying "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."
Computer Operating system Font Gadget Screenshot

when i click web help it also displays no help available.
Rectangle Product Azure Font Operating system

Online media is playing perfectly well, all songs and videos are playing with audio, only downloaded audio of video and songs are not playing. i tried reinstalling VLC latest version but still problem exists.
Earlier everything was fine but after hardware repair the problem exists.
my system is
Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

i would be highly obliged if you help me with this problem.

See less See more
#5 ·
Could you please explain what you meant by hardware repair? Download the little app MediaInfo, it's free. After installation it ends up in your right click context menu for viewing the specifics of audio and video files. This will at least tell you what type of audio is giving you problems.

#17 ·
AMD High Definition Audio Device.
Since there are no yellow !'s or red X's, it appears that the correct drivers are loaded.

When you download something right click it and select Open with and try VLC instead of Windows Media Player. Because the first post shows it is trying to use WMP.

#18 ·
Need the exact number of your HP G4 laptop to get the correct drivers.

#20 ·
On a laptop it would be pretty hard to put a different one in, maybe a different revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.