1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems installing D-Link DWL-G630 wireless card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dastuph, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dastuph

dastuph Thread Starter

I have the wireless card but I dont have the installation CD. I downloaded the drivers from D-links site and installed them but I get a message that the software isnt digitally signed so it may not work properly. Well, it doesnt work at all. Whenever I restart and insert the card it acts like its never seen it before.

I am running Windows 2000 on an old Sony VAIO laptop (pcg-f590 which I loath).

Suggestions?

2. winbob

winbob

You said, "Whenever I restart and insert the card it acts like its never seen it before."

Does that mean the system tries to install the card each time??

Does the install go OK?

Error msgs when you try to use it?

How does it look in Device Mgr? Yellow Icons???

3. dastuph

dastuph Thread Starter

Exactly. Everytime I insert the card it tries to reinstall it again. I dug around in the device manager and was able to finally get it working.

Thanks for replying!

4. winbob

winbob

I guess then you should mark this as "Solved" via Thread Tools.... and at the same time how about letting the gang know what you actually did to fix the problem! :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/320907