1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems installing Firewire card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mnp1962, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnp1962

mnp1962 Thread Starter

I have just purchased a Pinnacle Studio DV for editing my digital videos.
    I tried to install the firewire card that came with it but my PC had problems reconising the card so PC World gave me a different make of card.
    After installing it I could not even switch my PC on!!! It was like there was no power going to the PC, not even a light on the tower. I took the card out and straight away the pc worked again!!
    Does anyone know why this is so and is it something simple ( I hope)
    I am running windows XP and have updated my drivers for the VIA chip as sugested by PC World..

HELP!!!

Many thanks
    Martin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/185015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice