problems installing packard bell recovery program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spence.jay

can anyone help - I am trying to install the recovery program - can only get as far as "setting up hardware" - "windows 98 is now setting up hardware and any plug play devices you may have" recovery will go no further than this page (hanging there) - I am trying to set the pc back to the original factory settings and have unplugged the printer and modem from the back of the cpu

Styxx

Banned
There are several things you must do.

All the orginal or factory authorized hardware, that is, modems, CDROMs, etc., must be installed before beginning. So, if you have added-in any hardware like the above it must at least be unplugged off the mainboard, it may be necessary to clear uninstall that hardware, before beginning. Otherwise the process will, stall, hang or crash. Whatrever you want to call it.

Yes, the printer would have to be unplugged, but you would also have to choose to format the HDD and then shut clear down for 60 seconds before restarting and initiating the Restore program to clear the memory of any virus, trojan or variant that may be resident.

I assume you're using the PB Master CD and not a regular Windows install CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online