Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems installing Realtek High Definition Audio Driver for Vista

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  realgeek 
#1 ·
I have a laptop with Vista OS, and want to have Realtek HD Audio Driver installed. I downloaded one of the many Vista packages from the Realtek site, and restarted my computer. But I didn't see the Realtek driver icon at the bottom of my toolbar. I uninstalled my IDT audio driver (the default my laptop comes with when it's bought) because I was told by the person from which I first heard about Realtek it was getting in the way of Realtek working. So I uninstalled IDT, and now my speakers don't emit sound anymore. Just headphones. I looked for the Realtek icon, but still don't see it. I searched through google, and apparently I need DirectX 8. I downloaded 9 because it was listed as the version specifically for Vista. I reinstalled Realtek again, and again restarted my computer. I still don't see the icon. What did I do wrong? Please help me, I can't find anyone else with this problem but me...

#2 ·
Are u shure you installed realtek audio driver correctly?If you installed it correctly then go to your control panel there you will find Realtek HD sound effect manager open it then click on the i buttton at left corner below then tick the show icon on desktop.think this will help you

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.