1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Installing Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cannoli37, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cannoli37

cannoli37 Thread Starter

I installed a new HP hard drive on my friend's laptop, and the disks that came with it. The problem I am having is after all the disks have finished and it looks like Windows is going to start, I get the error message saying Windows could not complete the installation. To Install Windows on this computer, restart the installation. I did the reinstall three times and got the same error message each time. I would really appreciate some help to solve this problem, step by step if possible.
    Thank you!

2. cannoli37

cannoli37 Thread Starter

I'm not sure exactly how but I got it to work without the disks. I think I pushed F11 and it just started to download everything. Its up and running like new.

3. ken1987

ken1987

its your hdd pata?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice