1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems Installing Windows Xp, Get Error Message 800b0001, Signature Code Invalid

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by XP23, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. XP23

XP23 Thread Starter

Hey I'm Looking For Someone Who Can Help Me With This Problem THAT Im Having With My Windows Xp Installation. After Having Some Problems With My Windows I Recently Decided To Reinstall Windows Xp. In Doing That I Created Some Type Of Problem. MY FIRST MISTAKE WAS NOT CREATING A BACKUP DISK AND NOW I'M LOST. I Now Have No Windows Due To The Fact While Im Installing Xp I Get A Fatal Error Message Indicating Error Code 800b0001, I Have No Idea On Wat I Should Do, The Problem Occurs Time After Time And Now Im Left With No Windows. Can Some One Help Me? What Should I Do?
    It Also Says Something About The Nc5iis File, How Do I Repair This Problem?pleaseeeeee I Neeed Help..thanxxx

2. nobles

nobles

3. nobles

nobles

have you tried completely reformatting the hard drive....format c:

THEN reinstalling XP again form scratch?

4. XP23

XP23 Thread Starter

YES I HAVE STILL NO LUCK, I'M BAFFLED..

5. XP23

XP23 Thread Starter

I Really Dont See Where The Problem Lies, Or What To Do Next!

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

Found this when I Googled the error code:

Error:
    Error code 800b0001 Signature for Windows 2000 Professional is invalid Setup had problems registering the following OLE control dll: WINNT\System32\initpki.dll
    Translation:
    You may receive this error message during the device detection phase of a Win2000 installation. It occurs if the computer you’re using has an old or outdated BIOS.

Solution:
    To resolve the problem, you’ll have to upgrade your motherboard to the latest version of BIOS and run Setup again

7. norton850

norton850

How far into your installation do you get before the error?
    What exactly is the "nc5" message?
    Info on your system please?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/290102