1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems loading Excite as home page

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by papat, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papat

papat Thread Starter

I am using a computer with Win98se on it, but have been given one with XP Home loaded on it,which is a new "learning curve" for me. I like Excite as my home page,but am having trouble loading it on the XP machine.I have checked these forums and Googled it,but can't seem to find an answer to my particular problem.When I attempt to load Excite,all I get is a blank page with a left and right arrow and pause button in the middle left of the page.The address is correct on the address line.Thanks Keith

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

I have occasionally had that happen on Firefox and had to completely uninstall it and remove every registry entry to solve it, because I never understood whyit hapened. many spyware programs screw with Excite home page as the" freebies" believe it is spyware, olne of the reasons I stopped using Spybot and Spywareblaster. I never saw it happen in IE, but of course I do not use IE for much of anything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/514309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice