1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problems loading some websites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Daniel93, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel93

Daniel93 Thread Starter

Hello.

My computer recently stopped loading some websites.

It started with my League of Legends launcher wouldn't load l3cdn.riotgames.com. Which I believe is required for updating the launcher itself. Now I am unable to properly load Facebook, Tomshardware.com, Help.microsoft.com and malwarebytes.org, (Furthermore Malware Bytes is unable to update, I suspect the problem is the same)

However I did fix the problems with the League of Legendes launcher by forcing it to run through a different IP address in the hosts file.
    Naturally I figured that would also fix the rest of my problems with connecting to other websites. Which it didn't.

I am able to go to all of the websites via. A VPN. Also we've got atleast 3 other computers in the household, using the same router that is not affected by the same problems.

So far I have run AVG Free and Malware Bytes and removed any threats, without any luck.

Here is the TSG SysInfo report:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8151 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1833238 MB, Free - 1616955 MB; D: Total - 64527 MB, Free - 64426 MB; G: Total - 953869 MB, Free - 854076 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0T568R
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Disabled

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

try clearing both your DNS cache and web browser cache

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice